Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Radio procedure

Ty,

Actually, you could build your own UQC with the schematic that Captain
Kittredge sells with his sub plans. Most of the K-subs out there with commo
equipment have some variant on this and it works fairly well. I think that
Orcatron is still building stuff, Straza may still be but who can afford it?
Helle Engineering used to supply most of our stuff in the 70s and I guess
they'd still build one, if they're still in business.  Perhaps Phil will
chime in with the up to date skinny on this stuff when he gets a minute.

As to Ed''s wire dragging, it worked fine at Perry in the 60s, and made a
mighty handy marker buoy to chase to boot. Not good in current but plenty
cheap and simple to do. The 3-boats originally tried the radio stuff, but
acoustics came along and did the job without the snaggables, so it won the
day.

Best Regards,
Vance