[PSUBS-MAILIST] That old tracked submarine ...

I got a message -- and I presumed we all got it -- from the daughter and
the granddaughter of one of the guys hwo built that sub that was in the
1950 MI.  The granddaughter wants to make a documentary about her
grandfather (the "mechanic" Orville Sodders).

I've been exchanging notes with both of them.  I've given them some
advice on how to find missing and dead persons (I used to perform
adoption research), and I've given them some questions to ask when they
find someone closer to it all.

They've talked with the son of the mechanic by his first marriage, and
collected some new photos, papers and stories.  Much is missing, and
I've suggested what to seek.

But at this stage they need some new contacts.  Is anyone out there in
Marathon, Florida or in upstate New York?  Some library and newspaper
research is required.  Send me a note and we'll discuss all this.

The main thing to find is the family of Halley Hamlin.  He was the
designer, and he died in 1980.

Pat, exactly where is Jeff Lake these days?  If he's anywhere in the
area, he might be in a position to find the boat itself!  It would make
a fine addition to his museum.

Thanks, all.

Mike