[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Parametric Design and Gridding Through Relational Geometry

Rob Carlson wrote:

> I've been recently looking at a related 3D modeling software based on NURBs.

What's an NURB?

> Check out  www.rhino3D.com  there is a few examples of some subs that were
> modeled using this software.  One thing that I found neat was the ability to
> calculate the momemt of a solid and the volume of a volume that you modeled;
> both features reduce the amount of math that needs to be done for bouyancy
> and stability computations.

How much might this cost?

I'm working on programs that calculate surface area and volume,
but they will demand that the user have a very clear idea of the
dimension of the boat.  Looking at the CAD stuff, I see that my
ideas are pretty much already available, but I still think these
programs will have value because they provide a quick estimation
of size and power requirements.

Seen anything out there that does the numbers for fin shapes and
sizes?

Mike