[PSUBS-MAILIST] Props

Vance,

A few months ago we were discussing motors and props for the K-350 I'm
building.  I finely found 36 volt motors that are available.  It seams
most that are advertised, aren't in stock items and need to be custom
built.  Most companies didn't want to be bothered for two or three
pieces.  I did find some 3/4 hp @ 2500 rpm continuos duty that are
available, even though they are a little larger in diameter than I had
hoped to find.

The trouble now is to find matching props.  I was talking to the folks
at Michigan Wheel.  They say that for the speed of the sub travel, slow,
5 knots or less, and the 2500 rpm of the motor makes the prop
requirements quite special.  They recommended a 6X4 but don't have
anything off the shelf.  Also, their prop would be a bronze casting.

It seams to me that I'm searching for something in the area of most
small fishing trolling motors and I can't understand why this should be
so difficult to match up.  Am I just barking up the wrong tree going to
Michigan Wheel?        All I need is a cheap plastic prop........ I
think!

Dan H.