Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Props

Chris,

Thanks for the input. The revs and erosion factors are different in the water, but it makes for an interesting comparison. I have a friend in Georgia who flies AgPlanes for a living and he speaks turbine pretty fluently--and showed me the prop package for his plane at the repair facility near my place. I think those babies run about $12K. I didn't ask about their composition--just assumed aluminum.

On subs, the props won't erode a coat of paint--never mind erode the metal of a bronze prop. But we've always used aluminum or bronze--probably as much for availability as anything.

Vance