Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] In my search for a simple, cheap pressure hull ...

Hi, Eli !
        Yup. There's a pic of Helle's rig in Busby's "Manned Submersibles"
. I seem to remember Jim ( Helle) telling me that he built as his
Engineering graduate project - or something like that. The rated depth was
pretty respectable - 1000 feet ?? Helle Egineering is no more. Jim has
retired and last I heard, was in the midwest somewhere. I bet a dollar to a
lo-fat donut that his sub is still in California. That would be an
interesting project: locate the sub, latch onto it, get it diveable and go
diving!
Phil Nuytten