Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete submarine

Hello Michael,

Yes, that is my approach too.
If you did a couple of tanks and test objects for pressure tests you will be
familiar enough with the material to make a sub that works.
My first was very small 2m long 70 cm diameter - 800kg - trailerabel (concrete)
BUT - you need a certain size to be comfortable enough inside to have a several
hours dive. As discussed by carsten it will be hard to combine trailerable
(small and light weight) with comfortable (certain space).
Subs are "heavy machines" by nature (below flotability) this means 1m cubic room
(very little to be comfortable)is 1 ton trailer weight (heavy for trailer).
So i ended up with a 9m 20ton sub comfortable inside, but far from trailerable.
If you need a real trailerable sub you might go for a wet sub only.

see:
http://imulead.com/sub.html

Greetings

Wilfried