[PSUBS-MAILIST]

Hello Psubbers,
My name is Shawn and I'm a "new recruit" to the mail-list.  I've basically lived on, in, or around the sea for most of my life.   When I was younger everyone basically thought I'd end up as a Marine Biologist or Oceanographer.  My mother thought I'd be an underwater habitat/submersible engineer.  (laugh)  Welp, needless to say these careers at the time didnt offer much in the way of financial stability and my interests tended to be pretty wide and varied so I never pursued such a thing.  Currently, I'm a yacht captain, which pays nicely and allows much travel and flexibility.  Unfortunately, it doesnt offer much in the way of "intellectual" stimulation and given the state of the industry now all it really gives is a nice steady paycheck and is devoid of any real SUBSTANCE as it would have in the "old days".

Anyways, lately, I've been getting that "itch" that never seemed to go away.  The allure of the Sea as it should be, not ferrying stuffy, rich people who could care less about what their cushy yacht floats on.

So, I did some searching and found you guys.  I've always wanted to dip into the submersible industry and even design and build my own.  Of course, the more I think of it the further away it seems (money money money).  But, I've gotta scratch that itch.  :)   I'll be working on some designs once my copy of "Manned Submersibles" gets here, if it ever does and my new drafting setup arrives.   I look forward to sharing ideas with you guys.

Until then,
smooth sailing.. errr diving

Shawn