From: PSUBS
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 4:08 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Fabricating "T" Bars

Anyone care to comment further on "I" beam vs "T" bar for the internal rings?

1) Why does a "T" bar have to be welded to the hull, but not an "I" beam?

2) When I think of "I" beams I tend to think of big bridge structures.  How does the price of a
rolled "I" beam compare to rolling a "T" bar?  What is the availability of small "I" beams in the
US that can be used for internal rings in a psub?

Jon