[PSUBS-MAILIST] UK rules and regulation

Can any one advise me on the rules and regulations of building and operating personal submersibles in the UK?

I am aware that Lloyds produce similar rules to the ABS detailing the design and build of a certified submersible. However from what I can gather many in the US use these as a guideline but are not required to have their sub certified for personal use. (apart from the considerable costs involved!) Is this the same situation in UK or our we required to have any submersible designed and built as a CERTIFIED craft.

Once the submersible has been constructed are we required to have any form of operators licence for UK waters? I have heard mention that a personal submersible must be registered as a “small boat”.

Any information or advice on the above would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to have a look at the Lloyds documents, however I am yet to find a copy for less than £200, unlike the ABS version which is free!

Harry