Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] anchoring a sub

Sorry guys, I forgot to include the link in my last post. Here it is again WITH the link included this time.

----- Original Message -----
From: Akins
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:58 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] anchoring a sub

Hi Brian and Rick.

Why not just make a "V" shaped cutout area at the rear of the sub and drive a surface sea scooter into it and strap it in. then just use the scooter to push the sub to wherever you want
to go, then unstrap it and anchor the scooter while the sub is submerged. A big scooter would give plenty of room for someone to stay topside with a radio or cell phone in case of emergency.
Another thing you could do would be to simply use a small boat in place of the sea scooter to push the sub. Just some thoughts. Here is a link to a site that shows a Seal team type sub being
transported via a catamaran VERY similiar to an idea I had for transporting my wetsub. The sub is lifted up out of the water between the two cat hulls. Look for the SDV sled and the LAR craft.

Bill Akins.