[PSUBS-MAILIST] 2005 PSUBS Award Winners are.....

Hi,

Here are the 2005 PSUBS Award winners.

You may note that this year I chose some double winners. Pierre deserves recognition for making a successful submersible with some unique design features on a limited budget. I feel that is just as important as the awesome Kraka.

Ray and Jon are inseparable. Like twins? Without either of them there wouldn't be a PSUBS.

Award Categories
 ================
The Kittredge Award
-------------------
For designing and building excellence in creating a whole and functional personal submersible.
Pierre Poulin - Big!
Peter Madsen - Kraka

The Busby Award
 ---------------
For excellence in technical writing on personal submersibles designs, operations and applications.
Doug Jackson - Technical content at http://www.submarineboat.com/

The Beach Award
 ---------------
For non-technical writing that promotes personal submersibles to the general public.
Ray Keefer - PSUBS Organization
Jon Wallace - PSUBS Organization

The Link Award
--------------
 For contributions to oceanographic research using personal submersibles.
Karl Stanley - Opened up depths to general public. Though not technically research it does happen in a personal submersible.

The Archimedes Award
For innovative designing excellence of a specific piece of gear for use in personal submersibles that spreads knowledge through the group .
No winner.

For those who haven't seen past awards, go to http://www.psubs.org/awards/.

Regards,
Ray