Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient / 1ATM Q?

Yes. Reduces the stresses by activating early. Never any water leaks inward either. Glad to help.
Bill Akins.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient / 1ATM Q?

Hey, Bill - good point about the overpressure.  My original design rationale was intended to keep leaks out, not to allow for lag time on the cabin.  It would reduce overall stress on the cockpit walls.  I intend to build a good strong cockpit so the delta-P shouldn't have much effect.  But as far as good design protocol, I hadn't thought of that particular issue.  Thanks!!

Rick L