[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electric PSUB

Hi,

For the past 3 years I have been making R/C submarines and so have SOME idea of sealing etc. I have a full workshop available to me (milling machines, lathes, cnc lathes, drills... etc) and can, but prefer not to weld. I generally prefer to use fibreglass for my projects but if I have to weld then I have the option. I am fairly confident with electronic circuits and have all the electronic equipment and advice I should ever need. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you all this is that I would love to make my own PSUB. I've already bought a book about designing submarines (it is in the post and I can't remember the author/title) and have started looking through the Busby(sp?) book on the PSUBS.ORG site.
My specification is basicly:
1 man
60m operating depth
100m crush depth MAX (where I will run it (fresh water) won't be deeper than that)
1 ATM
Fast
Electric
Cheap as possible
'Trailerable'
No compressed air/CO2 absorbants
Inside I want a seat, can't be doing with lying on my front.
Ideally 1 man operation for in/out the water - (Think that's all)

So with this in mind I have lots of question for you guys ;-). I know that people new to the hobby sometimes so I apologise in advance. Anyway here is my list:

It needs to be as cheap as possible, however obviously I don't want to endanger my life. So I was thinking about CCTV cameras on the outside in pressure housing, with a array of monitors on the inside. Any thoughts? Things I thought about : Increased temperature and battery draw. This would however, allow me to bypass the acrylic dome aspect.

Fibreglass hull. Now the problem I have here is that I could go the KEVLAR route, but that would bump up cost. I guess carbon fibre would be a compromise but then even that is still expensive so may end up going the CSM route. Recommended?

Propulsion. I have a 2HP (36V) electric motor left over from another project, now would this be enough to propel me through the water at a reasonable speed? Not sure if you call it dynamic diving (use of hydroplanes to dive) but that is what I was thinking and so will need some speed.

The other thing that I always try to aim for when I made subs in the past, was to make battery power the only limiting factor. So things like CO2 absorbant/air scrubbers need to be 'bypassed'. I was thinking about changing the air every 10? minutes so as to eliminate this problem (open hatch, nothing fancy). Anyone see a problem with this?

Right I think that's it for now, if anyone can see a problem that I might encounter I'd be more that happy to redesign/discuss it - better to make errors than then later.

Hope you guys can help,

Thanks

Michael