Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:33 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Life Support Test Experience

Cliff,

Thanks for sharing your test expirience with us.

Was figure of 0.5 liter/ min.oxygen for one person allright? When testing/ diving with the sgt. Peppers the oxygen level becomes to high with the (accurate medical) flowmeter set at 0.5.  Oxygen flowmeter set at 0.3 and the percentage oxygen stays ok.

I think adding oxygen by the "pressure drop" method is inaccurate. When operating the boat at 4 deg. celcius , the pressure rises considerably due to the warming up of the interior during the dive. The overpressure valve blows off when ascending to 1 meter below surface.

In Peppers is no space for a emergancy battery or a double sysytem for operating the scrubber. If something fails, put the hose to your mouth and exhale direct "lung power" to the scrubber.

Regards, Emile