From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Akins
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:38 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 223 miles per hour underwater torpedo

Hi Jay.

Thanks for the info. Scary and amazing stuff. I am more interested though in the mechanics of how a torpedo (or vehicle) can travel this fast

rather than the political aspects of it. What an amazing speed 223 mph is underwater. It still boggles my mind.

Imagine having a personal sub that could travel that fast. I remember the now defunct t.v. show called Seaquest

with their very fast single person fighter subs. If this torpedo technology that evaporates the water in front of the torpedo so it

can travel in a bubble could be applied to personal subs, fiction might become reality. It will be very interesting to

see what the next 50 years will bring in technology regarding small subs (if the world doesn't blow itself up first). I wish I could be here to see it.

Bill Akins.