To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]

Different issue here in the type of joint you will be making and the conditions it is being used at when compared with the Thresher. Silver brazed joints were supposedly one of several issues that contributed to the loss of the Thresher. You would be making an external joint not hidden pipe joint with flowed silver, the system will not be used at the depth the Thresher could operate at, the joint is small and thus can take more pressure, and the float is a non-critical system (I supppose otherwise you would want a fail-proof item).
Respectfully,
Jay K. Jeffries
Andros Is., Bahamas