From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Akins
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:50 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] motor thought

Hi Jon.

I have a couple of thoughts/questions on the pressure compensation of the pump. Would the pump even need pressure
compensation? If the pump is fully flooded at ambient water pressure why would there be a need to compensate it?
The other thought/question I have is this...in theory, a pump as you envision would act to compress the water and
exert it outward in a jet resulting in forward motion utilizing the principle of for every action there is an equal and opposite
reaction, correct? However, the pump has a limit to the force it can exert upon the water in creating this water jet correct?
So if you were deep enough for the outside ambient water pressure to equal or exceed the same pressure the pump exerts
on the water it pushes thru the jet, wouldn't this actually equalize and stop the pump from working? Just a thought, I haven't
really thought this totally thru. What do you think?
Bill Akins.