From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Dan H.
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:09 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] motor thought

John,

If you using a pump to avoid a pressure compensated motor or a motor with a
heavy duty shaft seal, your heading in the wrong direction.  Any water pump
you use is going to have shaft seal to keep the water in the pump housing
and out of the sub.  You could just use the same type of seal on a thruster
pod to keep the water out of it.  Use a carbon against ceramic spring loaded
face seal, like almost all water pumps use.

Dan H