From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Akins
Sent:
Sunday, 9 April 2006 7:24 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [
PSUBS-MAILIST] motor thought

Of course I know that water molecules do not compress. Water is basically uncompressable, but it can be pressurized.

I should have said "pressurize" instead of "compress" when I was talking about the pump exerting force to move the water.

It was a symantic error, but hopefully you knew what I meant, just like I know when you wrote "nozel" and "nozels" that

you actually meant "nozzle" and "nozzles", and when you called me "Atkins" you actually meant "Akins". I will try to

watch my terms and keep them technically correct in the future.

You explained that the pump can suck and blow just as efficiently at 1000 ft as at 10 ft. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

In order for there to be an area of high pressure created by the impeller at the pumps exit nozzle, doesn't there have to be an area of lower pressure

on the other end of the impeller?  If that is true, then wouldn't an increased depth create more ambient water pressure on the low pressure side and

make it harder for your pump to pressurize the water and result in less force coming out the exit nozzle, and eventually equalize the pump's entire force

output if you went deep enough? What am I missing here?  As I said before, I really haven't given this a lot of thought and just voiced the first questions that came to my mind.

Bill Akins.