Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Escape Mockup

The navy is peopled with extremely capable and highly trained guys. Their dive tables are an example of that. Most divers I know use a conservative approach using these tables. Let's face it....I'm not 22 years old and in prime physical condition. The navy also has some very difficult training exercises for the crew on a sub....I probably wouldn't survive the test, let alone the technique!
One advantage of having a complete set-up for scuba is you can use it even if you don.t spring a leak. Like maybe if your CO2 monitor goes off, or smoke develops in there, or some other emergency requiring a separate air supply.
Additionally, if you have the presence of mind, a slow flooding, release of bubble, and escape to the surface can only be possible if you have LOTS of air and good visibility, and have practiced the plan. It might be cool if one of us built a bubble to escape from, and we could all try it out. Might be fun. Frank D.