Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 4:22 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] x303

is this e mail going thru?

    Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself, my nave is David and I work as a Industrial fiberglass technician in Wilmington DE. For years I contemplated building a small submersible capable of carrying two people to a dept of 130'. Recently I decide to go ahead and start building my sub. It will be quite a challenge. The sub (X 303) will be built in 4 module sections 24" in dia and a total length of 20'. The sections will be fabricated from 3/4" FRP which will bolt together internally and will displace approx 3,000 pounds. Power will be derived from a 50 hp 2cyl engine thru a 2:1 gear reduction driving a 14" X 13p propeller. A marine alternator will be coupled by belt to the engine to recharge the  gel cell batteries. I have begun constructing the bow/ forward ballast compartment and hope to complete this section by months end.
I have laid up the bow sections and joined them to a 24"l section of pipe  next is to lay up the 1 1/8" internal flange and join it to the bow section then overwrap the whole bow/ballast section to build up to the 3/4" thickness I am looking for.  more pics to come