Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure compensation - CO2 vs Air

I considered CO2 for compensation having used it for paintball. I know it has a great expansion ratio from liquid to air; but I saw that it turnes to a liquid at just over 5 atm. So if that is the case, am I correct that opening a cylinder below 140 feet or so would do nothing?

What about Nitrogen?  That would work well at depths right?

I plan to compensate with air that is bled off from the crew cabin, but I'm going to run it thru a check valve before if flows to motors, batteries and other components.  That might be enough for you too Dean.

Doug J