Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] call it a double hydro hull

In a message dated 10/17/2006 10:16:28 PM Central Daylight Time, Alec.Smyth@compuware.com writes:
I'm afraid that idea is one that is proposed quite regularly but doesn't hold water
Alec I am aware of what you are saying and understand it.
The reason I was thinking on doing it is not to strengthen the inner hull
walls but the skeletal.

I am thinking on a basic 2ft skeleton the length of the sub. Steel triangle shaped
hull plates will be welded to this skeleton. The outer skeleton and walls would only
add strength to the skeleton. I can not afford to go to a cylinder type hull so have
opted to build oh say at least a 12 sided faceted hull. which means many triangle
shaped hull pieces. And yup I am talking about much much welding. I do have a
friend that can CNC plasma cut my triangles so accuracy should be able to be
achieved. The outer skin will basically just stream line the beast for more speed
and agility.

But I do think it might be more work then it is worth. still thinking

Dean