Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bolted pressure hull was : Sitting High

Carsten - I am curious about the O-ring seal you use here.  Standard O-ring, or
special seal shape?  Stock or custom manufacture?  What surface finish was
required for this seal?  In the photograph, it looks like one side is painted -
maybe just a bad angle on the photograph  - I presume there is bare metal in the
groove and on the opposite sealing surface?  Is this a square groove or dovetail
to retain the seal?  Additionally, how did you determine the bolt spacing to use
on the mating flanges?  Is this just based on the loads experienced when lifting
the boat out of the water, or were there other considerations?  Are you using
Grade 8 or other special bolts?

-Sean