To: "Personal_Submersibles@Psubs. Org" <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 10:49 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Diving Catalina Island

Hi All,
        I had a rather unsettling experience out at Catalina Island this
weekend. While diving on the back side of the island, looking for lobster, we were towards the end of our dive at about 35' we decided to drop down a bit so I raised my air expel hose from my BC to release some air, but since
this equipment was still somewhat unfamiliar to me I accidentally hit the
air inject button instead !  Which sent me to the surface.  I had injected
enough air so that there was no way I could expel the air in time to make me
breathed out the whole time going up.   It really made me think, in that
situation I really had no way of preventing my accent. If for some reason
a valve like that decided to stick on I don't see too many options for
correcting that situation. I would think an abient sub would have the same
issue.  Any thoughts on a solution to a problem like that?

Brian Cox

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53