RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Truly Green Submarines

Most days I prefer strawberries on my cereal to sea cucumbers. ;)'  Gold makes really good ballast, so I'll keep it and run my engines off the methane from the rotting sea cucumbers.  The kelp forest is fabulous, just don't get entangled.  Of course any good Nemo designed sub has a diver lockout so you can manually cut yourself loose.

Cheers,
Brent

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:04:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Truly Green Submarines
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Remember 20,000 leagues ? Nemo didn't grow plants, he harvested sea plants as needed. If you're living IN the sea, there's lots of things to eat. As for green things to look at.....just park in the kelp forest. It's very much like a redwood forest in the fog.
And remember his ballast closets full of gold junk ? I think you could probably trade some of that ballast ''junk'' for a tank of fuel or whatever else you needed. Frank D.