Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Children's author needs expert advice

Love the photo, James!

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:07 AM, James Frankland <james@guernseysubmarine.com> wrote:
Hi Barbara

When i was a kid, I was fascinated by books and stories like your idea.  One particular one was called "Me and my flying machine" about a kid who starts to build a plane in his barn.  After the first days building, he goes to bed and dreams of how great its going to be and all the things he will do with it.  Then the next day, he finishes it and it falls to bits as he pulls it out of the barn!  Then the story ends with something like "oh well, tomorrow i'll build a row boat".  Just dreams....

http://www.amazon.com/Me-Flying-Machine-Marianna-Mayer/dp/0819305154

Anyway, i used to build all sorts of things like that, including a submarine.  You can have a look at it here.  It almost worked.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/index_files/Page736.htm

(please dont tell me off everyone - i was a kid!)

Good luck with your book, sounds like a great story.

Regards
James