To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:52 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: The Dry Divers

Hi James
I have purchased the K350 plans and plan to start building as soon as possible.I am pressently researching lathes I hope someone could give advice on swing over bed size and size between centres that i would need for building
the K350.Thanks for all your advice.
ps the dry divers sub manipulator ball valve idea could be worth considering but being a comercial diver for many years i have seen ball valves fail countless times due to something as small as a grain of sand getting stuck in the seals .As for the mechanics of the manipulator i think the same concept as a device used to lift fish out of the water by there lower jaw after being cauht by a fisherman could work.
All the best from South Africa
Glen Brown
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Frankland" <james@guernseysubmarine.com>