RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps

Hi,

even since Alec introduced me to the V-tail, Ive been wanting to use one
on a sub.  I was thinking that a small-ish V control surface mounted on
the nose/forward section of a submarine would provide great maneuverability.
You should be able to turn, left/right as well as climb/dive quicker than
the tail mounted control surfaces would allow.  I was also thinking it would
be good if you could control the V angle, so they could go from folded
away, to flat (like regular dive planes), to V.

Cheers,
  Ian.