to run it and it works fine. The converters can be built or purchased and are not that
expensive.

Dean

In a message dated 8/26/2008 1:30:57 A.M. Central Daylight Time, glenbrown@vodamail.co.za writes:
Hi Brent
I have a 150 ac/dc machine 3phase at home but unfortunately at work I only have single phase I presently fly tourist over the bay with a helicopter and between flights I plan to build my
sub +-to3 hours /day.I am going to check the possibility of getting 2 phase and a 200amp machine thanks for the advice.
Glen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 10:54 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mig and plasma size

Hello Glen,

Is there some way you can wire in a two phase plug to your shop?  When it comes to a good all round MIG welding machine fore your average smaller submarines, I understand a 200 amp 220 volt unit fits the bill pretty well.  I have a 200 amp Miller MIG currently.  What type of stick and TIG machines do your have? You might be able to do every thing with those. My older K-250 is perhaps all stick welded.

I'm in need of a lathe like yours. So clone it for me and ship it out ASAP alright. ;)'

Regards,
Brent Hartwig