From: Jay K. Jeffries <bottomgun@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 9:25 AM

Dean,

You have to be concerned with the chute fouling your propulsion/steering motors.  A big sub could just shred the drogue while you could lose propulsion just when you need it most.  Remember that the Navy decided that drogues and speed brakes were a bad idea after much testing and stuck with operating within the envelope.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

    - Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)