From: "James Frankland" <james@guernseysubmarine.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:11 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mig and plasma size

Hi Glen.

Sounds great with your lathe.  I wish i had one that size at home!

As for your welder.  If your using the MIG process, i wouldn't get anything
less than 200amps minimum.  I bought the most powerfull single phase machine
i could get which is 250amp.  I cant find it now on the lincoln website i'm
afraid.

I have 240v supply at the head through a 63amp socket which i had to have
specially fitted for the machine.

I find it perfect for what i need to do.  Its got plenty of power.

I do need to use MMA process sometime as well so today actually i have just
bought a new MMA/TIG machine.

I managed to get an X demonstration model so it was half price but still
with the warranty.

Its this one:

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.aspx?p=58170

I'll rig it to fit to my 63amp socket but i think it would work on a 32amp
socket like you would have for a house cooker.

As for plasma cutting, do you really need one?  You've already got Oxy/Act
so can you just not rig that up for cutting?  Works fine for me.

Kind regards
James