RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps, deep flight

Jay,

Agree with the points in last email, still seems somewhat within the realm of possibility to do it.  But might be silly to discuss it
further, at least without putting some numbers on everything.  Esp. without a reason to be going fast near obstructions and or wanting to stop really fast.

In regards to Deep Flight.  Graham Hawkes gave a talk at last UI about progress he was making.  I wasn't there, but I think maybe jon was?  Anyway, I probably don't have any more info than you do.  I know the first Deep Flight I was successful enough to help secure funding for further subs.  The also did (do?) have a "flight school" for the deep flight aviator which probably brought in some cash.  He has sold the new one "super falcon" for $2,000,000.  I suppose it depends how you measure success.  There were certainly more k-250 hulls built so if # of hulls is the metric than....But I guess I would say if the sub comes back up and helps the builder go on to build more subs that it was a success.  It is pretty cool no mater how you look at it.  But very $$$$ which may also limit the number of hulls and cause the owner to be very very careful with it.    Also, I think more often than not most uses of subs preclude fast hydrobatic type vehicles (like making movies or doing science
etc.)  so something like Deep Worker, JSL, or a k-250 will get more operational time.

He did get a cameo on the opening theme to that last short-lived star trek tv show...:)

-a