From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] limits
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:52:16 -0400

David,

The most dangerous limit is the envelope for a jammed-planes emergency that is quickly driving you deep.  Of course in the worse case instance, your main motor sticks at full throttle.  While you might snicker at this scenario, it has happened a number of times.  This is one you don’t want to figure out experimentally. J

The obstacle course is a very good idea.  When learning to dock a large vessel, a good way to practice is to set down the outline of the docking space with anchored floats.  Then when practicing docking, the only thing damaged if you flub it is your ego.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

    - Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)