Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps

I tend to agree with you on that Ian. Better to pump up the motors than devise a whole separate system for slowing the sub. A full reverse using maximum thrust from all your motors would be easier to incorporate, cut down on reaction time, and have the added benefit of being available for a quick burst of thrust in forward as well. My motors (4) have 101 pounds thrust each. In reverse, that's probably a lot less, but still, almost like throwing out an anchor! No separate complicated system, just slam the controls back and hope you have enough room to stop. There again, it doesn't make sense to travel faster than what your sub can handle in a stop mode. Frank D.