From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 02:18:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps, deep flight
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi Brent. I'm guessing the flaps, like dive planes, need a fair amount of velocity to be effective. Just not sure how much braking action you'd get with a slow moving psub. Then there's the reaction time, and the complexity of the mechanism. Just seems like there's a better way to stop a sub, without having a complicated system like flaps. Frank D.