Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps

Hi Ian my goal of 6kts is because of the reason for building.
I want to explore Lake Superior. From what I can tell from soundings, most of the bottom is
featureless flat bottom. Thousands of ship wrecks etc and I want to find and document at
least one.

So the real reason is my age. Lake Superior is large and there is so little time.

Visibility is good up to 100' or so, and I would like to cruise above the bottom 20 30 feet, to view
the maximum area. I do have general areas that some of the more famous ones went
missing, but once again a lot of ground to cover and mostly boring.

Many good points have been raised about brakes and I think I understand the concerns.
My best safety procedure is not to tread in waters deeper than 350'. I totally understand
that this is a lot of speed and possibly dangerous.

Speed will only be used when I feel safe doing so, and for sure a good look at the search
area with surface sonar will be standard operating.

Forward searching sonar is a must for avoidance, reverse thrust  and very quick maneuverability are
my other solutions. Murky water would be a complete NO NO

Besides all else I am going to paint it pretty and will not stand for any scratches

Dean