From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:21:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dome Calculations
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

On Cabin Pressure.......a simple manometer attached to the inside will tell you exactly what the internal pressure is. It's basically just a clear plastic tube in a "U" shape, with one end plugged, and some red oil in the bottom. If the internal cabin pressure changes, it shows up as a difference in the oil level from one side to the other. I've used these for years in air conditioning work, and they are simple and trouble free.
    If you get a pressure build up in the cabin, I'm guessing that a small automotive compressor on 12 volts would be able to remove enough extra air and pump it into a small tank, until you get back to the surface, where you open the hatch and just dump the air. The small compressors can pump up to 250 pounds, although they are pretty slow as the pressure builds past 40 pounds or so. Still, if you have a big pressure build-up, something's wrong! and you need to get to the top quickly anyway. Just remember to keep the hatch dogs locked down. Frank D.