RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Wet Exit Removable Front Dome CAD Models

Hi Brent,

glad my text was of some use, reading over it again, I apologize for
all the typos and grammatical errors.

"That kind of response is exactly why James and my self wanted peer review."
I would say this kind of response is exactly why you need to get the
appropriate manuals when designing components for other people's submarines.
It took me over two hours to write that response.  You tend to send a lot
of messages and I marvel at the amount of CAD work you can turn out, but
I don't think there would be so much submarine building we took two hours
to review each email/design you send out.  Sometimes the best response you
can hope for is a "That's not going to work, get yourself a copy of ABC by
XYZ and see how it's done properly."

If James follows the design you posted (even just borrowing a couple of
elements), it will cost him more money, and maybe even his life...  I
suggest you hold off designing components for other peoples submarines
until you've got a hold of the knowledge (books).  There's nothing
secret about it, you don't need to go back to school, just collect and
read the right books - have the relevant books open when you are
designing components.

And THAT is when you need peer review, then you've been meticulously
following the standards, done the engineering calculations and come up
with the simplest most elegant solution to the problem.  THAT is when you
want other people, who read and understand the same texts (maybe more so),
to review your design, see if you deviated some where, or maybe tell you
in the last edition of ABC there is another way to do something.  Peer
means equal, but the peers with the books seem more equal than those
without...

Anyway, I'm kind of split here, I don't want to discourage you, but
I don't to encourage and help you design stuff for other people, if
you don't have the basic books/background for it.

Hope I'm not going across as an ass...

Cheers,
  Ian.