Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sailing Loggerhead at 20 Knots

Hi Shin. I often wonder why no one else has used a small outboard motor to push their sub on the surface. I have a space dedicated on my rear structure for mounting a 20 horse outboard, and plan on using it for extended surface trips. It's small enough and light enough to bring inside when I'm ready to dive, although most likely will just be stored on a surface support boat. I'll test how it propels the boat when I do my first wet test, and hopefully get a youtube up for the guys to see.
Here's the sketch of what I built, and the outboard will mount onto the 3/4 inch thick back plate, with the prop shaft dropping down between the Minnkota thrusters. When I get the actuators for the rudder control, I'll figure a way to tie it into the outboard too. I'm thinking at this point to just add some short stainless turnbuckles from the rudders to the outboard. Frank D.