RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The Trouble with Bubbles

So did she...I did not really send that did I?

From: brenthartwig@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The Trouble with Bubbles
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:38:25 -0700

Say that three times fast after three shots of rum. ;)'

Frank I need to correct myself.  I should say that a couple of good polished on coats of Rain X should do the trick on acrylic. This guess is based on my applying one light coat to the front interior glass panel of a 10 gallon aquarium that had been dry for a long time.  I had always noticed that when I first set up a new aquarium or one that had been dry for some time that I had to wipe off the tiny bubbles. I think he tiny bubbles hold on to tiny voids and/or imperfections in the glass surface that the Rain X smooths over.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=4001713&pid=7686344

I've seen a whipper to clean algae and other things off a dome for a submersible research station. So you could do some thing like that as well, but that would require a thru hull and I suspect that Rain-X will do the trick.  Another option that might work better is a couple of water jets that blow water at the surface you want the bubbles to be removed from.

Ben from the Bionic Dolphin has a friend that works for the company that makes Rain-X, and he said he would get back to me months ago as to what his friend said about whether Rain-X would damage acrylic or not.  I know MEK makes the surface all pretty. ;)'  Ya don't use MEK.    NEVER EVER

I saw that picture of the submersible research station in the Stachiw book last night.

Yep you heard me right I'm reading the Stachiw book.    How cool is that.    I figured we could have a ticker take parade. with mermaids and all.

Some how I thought it would be bigger.

Your resident bubble dreamer   ;)'

Regards,

Szybowski