From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 23:03:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi David. Dual dive planes front and back is logically the best way to maneuver a submarine. I just wonder how complicated the mechanism would be, and how tough it would be to operate them with all the other things like rudders, motors, etc. If you had a computer to take some of the tasks it might be easier, but I just don't trust them enough. I was thinking it would be easier to have my hard interior ballast slide forward/back to adjust dive angle. It wouldn't need to slide much, and an electric screw actuator would slide it very quickly.
The "sled" will ride on 4 little steel wheels within an angle iron frame below the floor of  my sub. I hope to start fabricating that part real soon. Frank D.

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.