From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of David Bartsch
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:23 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST]

Frank,

   I will send you pictures once back at work...I am off Thursday and Friday nights...get them upon my return. The item being pictured has no mechanical linkages attached but is the main push/pull and stearing framework. The bow planes control are even easier to construct. I will probably make use of two 1/2" bearing assemblies mounted side by side with a short shaft segment between. A small handle will be mounted with proper spring return to this small shaft segment. How this secures at various angles has yet to be worked out.
   I had concidered foot peddles for the rudder control but got rod of this idea.
   The steering wheel assembly works great with no binding and is smooth the work.
   I am using brass inserts for a majority of the pivot points along with stainless steel shafts.
   The base frame is temp and will need primer and painting.
   The seat is another area that I feel will requires a lot of attention as many hours should be spent in this. My legs will straddle this controls console so that this stearing wheel is where it needs to be.
   I will build a 1atm some day and I am sure to miss the ease at which these linkages can function...no need for a thru hull!
   A few more items to work out, but I hope to start the hull next Summer.

                                                                                      David Bartsch