Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT Vents

Hello James,

One reason I wouldn't have the valve inside the cabin is because you end up with two penetrations instead of one. You also end up with more exposure to problems with valve failure (possibly) since the entire valve is inside, whereas with the valve on the outside you only have to worry about stem failure. I would bet that the reason the valve is on the inside in this particular example, is because they didn't have access to the valve spec'd in the plans and this was a workaround.

Jon

James Frankland wrote:
Hi All,

I was just looking at the K350 submitted by Don Palmer.  I notice that it looks like he has the main vents going in through the tower with the valve on the inside.

This seems like a more sensible way to do it to me, rather than the through hull and valve on the outside.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
James