RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Splash Shield

Kind of like the splash shield on the German U-boats !   See in the movie Das Boot.

Brian
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 11:45 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Splash Shield

Hi guys. I have a design I'm working on to prevent waves from washing into the open hatch. The freeboard on my sub calculates out to about 20 inches or so but, not being a math wizard, God only knows what it's really gonna be. So here's what I came up with. I found a FAT innertube on Ebay and it will be inflated just before I open the hatch, raising the shield.

I haven't shown it on the sketch but some little springs will be attached to the hinged plates to pull the shield down when the air is released into an MBT vent nipple.
OK.....some water is still gonna get in, but maybe not enough to cause a problem. Got any thoughts ?
Frank D.