[PSUBS-MAILIST] Overpressure valve placement.

Hi All,

Next job for me is to fit the overpressure valve based on a design by Emile.

Ive put the pipe nipple for the VBT vent slightly over to one side so i didnt have to cut into the submerged arc welded and X rayed main hull weld.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/index_files/Page22848.htm

With the overpressure valve, its quite a lot bigger so might look a bit daft over to one side.  Any thoughts on cutting it right into the centre, through the main weld?  I'll be able to get penetration ok im sure.

Shall i put it smack in the middle cutting into the weld, or slightly over to one side like the VBT weld.

Thanks as always.
James