Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rolled hull OR propane tank??

Thanks
I realize a propane tank is not quite suitable for my sub design.  If you would like me to scan and send it I will.  Do you know how much a roll would cost? (Average cost)
Thanks
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 12:55 PM, <vbra676539@aol.com> wrote:
I'd say based on the historical data at the psubs site, yes, a bunch of us know what is necessary to go from flat sheet to cylindrical form. However, that is only one step, and one of many, to convert base product to a working pressure vessel. So, what's your question? We don't have enough information to answer something so generic. The propane tank debate has long been put to bed. You can chase down lots of commentary back and forth on this subject in the psubs archives. (Hint: Propane tanks LOOK like pressure hulls, but are NOT!!!). The internet is a font of information. Materials and labor pricing are market driven, so you'll have to check up on the current costs. Before that, you will need to sort out exactly what you need, meaning you have to get past the K250-like sub to something tangible. As in, what exactly do you want/need?
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin fritz <fenris41@gmail.com>
To: personal_submersibles <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Sun, Oct 30, 2011 10:43 am
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rolled hull OR propane tank??

I asked the same question last year.  The pro's all reccommend the rolled hull.  Boys, further advice?
On Oct 30, 2011 12:36 PM, "Joshua Weinstein" <ecoman97@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey does anyone know how to get a hull rolled? Im building a k250-like sub and dont know weather to use a propane tank as a hull or to get one rolled.  Which costs more?

--
USS Iowa (BB 61)

--
USS Iowa (BB 61)