batteries

(Okay, "Bob" has me convinced - my first experiments (unless you count the
ones in the bathtub) are going to be with a bubble I stick my head in. A
contraption I can toss in the back of the pickup, instead of a 1600 pound
sarcophagus which requires me to (a) build a special trailer with the
welder I don't have, or (b) buy lake property so the sub never has to leave
the water.)

I think this is another one of those "duh" questions, but the batteries
have to be kept dry, don't they? Or at least the top where the terminals
are. Otherwise, the water will short between them and discharge them
continuously. I'm sure this would be a worse problem in salt water, but
still. So I'm guessing the battery should get its own little air pocket. I
could try very thoroughly gooping up the contacts, but that would make it a
pain to disconnect them - and enclosing the whole thing would make sure
electrolyte didn't get contaminated by water seeping in under pressure.

---------
David
buchner@wcta.net
my website, mostly about building my house: http://customer.wcta.net/buchner
Osage MN USA

This is not a dislaimer. If you're so stupid that you hurt yourself doing
something because "some guy on the net told me it'd be okay," you deserve
it.