Re: Submarine Movie? or TV?

In a message dated 7/3/99 4:14:26 AM, protek@shreve.net writes:

<<Dick,
    I may need to make a correction.  The Hunley may have been built in
Alabama not Louisiana.  However, there were four or five being built.  The
Hunley was the only one that was actually taken into battle.  It killed
three (3) crews!  I hope most Psubbers have better luck getting started.
    The Red River is a dirty river actually, very dirty.  You could not see
your hands in front of your face.  Plus there is a current.  I would
imagine that they are covered in silt.  But, this could be good for a
recovery project.  Because little oxygen may have gotton to the hull.  I
just don't know.  We will use magnetometers.  I have a boat and motor and
also a remotely piloted 8-foot surface craft that I can place a mag on.
There was an article a while back in the Shreveport Times about the subs.
There is also a tin clad gunboat in the area.  Nobody knows just where the
subs sank but think they are near the mouth of the Red.
    Oh, I am not one of those that thinks things should remain burried.
Especially if nobody is in them.  I think they should be raised and at
least one placed as an exibit here in Shreveport.

Gary Boucher

Why not email Clive Cussler? His NUMA kids might take the search on as a
project and those of us in driving range could maybe help out.
Vance